Saturday, August 09, 2008

Our week

We had another big one. First of all, Honeydo came in for an unexpected but much longed-for visit. We had a wonderful time with her. It went too quickly. Secondly, Samuel went in for a BIG haircut, per the dresscode at Veritas. He went from this:

to this:

Adam took him into a men's barbershop for the full treatment, along with a shoulder massage. As much as he dreaded cutting off his hair, he enjoyed the haircut. I'm a little sad to see his long hair go. Samuel has such a style of his own. He loves old school music, like Queen and M.C.Hammer and The Beatles. He rocks his t-shirts with his "sneakers," converse all-stars or vans. His long hair seemed such an integral part of who he is. But Adam tells me this sort of thing is not emotional for males, so I tried not to cry (too much) when I first saw him.






I spent much of this week in bed with a couple more breast infections. So I'm trying to readjust my life to include more resting and better prevention, and I'm hoping that I'm over them. I'm sick of the smell and feel of comfrey, which is a crucial part of my treatment plan. I took these pictures of Matea today, who rolled over TWICE while I was photographing her. She's a strong girl. When I told Adam, he said that she had rolled over for him already, about a week or two ago, he just forgot to tell me. She's beating her brothers at this milestone. They were each around 6 weeks before rolling front to back, which is still early. She's not even 4!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: