Our week in pictures
Adam and Samuel at the Indy car race. Don't let the disinterested look on Samuel's face fool you. They had an awesome time.
This was a highlight of the Indy race: Robbie Kinevil jumping over dozens of Hummers in his motorcycle. Adam said he took a few tries to land the jump, but when he did it was incredible.
The boys and I visited the Capitol Building this week. Surprisingly, I think I was the most bored person in our group. They all really liked seeing the different rooms and pictures of past governors. I hope the boys catch the love of that sort of thing that I lack! This is a shot of my climber on one of the historic trees on the grounds. This was before I saw the sign about keeping children off of the historic tree.
One of my very favorite summertime activities: the Triangle Farmer's Market! I absolutely love this place! They have a fountain where kids can cool off, bocce ball and live music every week. I told Adam yesterday that it's a good thing we don't live closer, because otherwise I don't think I would go to the grocery store all summer. Now, my husband is very appreciative of his health food, but he would not be happy if we lived exclusively on vegetables for three months. Neither would the kids! This week I got fennel, big red tomatoes, champagne grape tomatoes, new potatoes, cucumbers, beets, super sweet Texas onions, baby squash, carrots, two different flavors of fresh local goat cheese, some awesome fresh-squeezed lemonade and hibiscus mint tea. Doesn't that make you hungry?
Another summertime staple. We've been entrusted with the key to my grandparents' neighborhood pool. We've been going about every other day. On the off days we fill up our backyard kiddie pool, but that's not nearly as much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment