Elijah and Samuel are in VBS this week. I was going to volunteer, but then decided this would be a great opportunity to send the older boys and just spend a week alone with Isaac. An added bonus is that after I decided all of this, my mom told me that she was volunteering and offered to drive the boys every day. So Isaac and I are officially one-on-one from 7:15 a.m. to about 1:30 p.m. every day this week!
The days have flown by, and Isaac and I have had a great time together. It makes me realize how easy...no, that's not the right word, because it's all relative to what you know (and I never felt like things were "easy" when it was just Samuel)...how quiet things are with just one kid around. Kind of lonely. For all of the noise and chaos and arguing and messes that come with a house full of kids, I prefer it. I love knowing that friends will come and go, but the boys will always have each other. Siblings are such a blessing, aren't they?
So, for the rest of the week, Isaac and I will be side-by-side spending our special time together...and I think today would be a great day for Isaac's first cup of bubble tea.
3 comments:
amen. on the sibling thing...
I love reading your blog and all the happening of the Zimels! And yum- I love bubble tea! Hope Isaac likes it too! Enjoy your time!
Fun to have one on one time! I had a dream the other night that you had a boy, 6 pounds 15 ounces and named him Jacob. Must be the breast feeding hormones!! I miss you and have been thinking about you a lot lately!
Post a Comment