Friday, June 27, 2008

Book reports, in the summer?!

I know, I'm so mean! But as you can see, this is no lengthy book report. We're going to work on form and mechanics throughout the summer. Part of Samuel's summer routine includes reading each day. I also read out loud to him. We decided that when we finish a book, he is going to post a report on our blog about it. He wrote this out this morning before leaving for "Buddy Camp," which is a tutoring program that my Aunt Mira is heading up through her church to help kids keep their reading skills sharp during the summer. As Samuel was typing out his report, Elijah decided that he also wanted to write a book report, so he grabbed a book and dictated a "book report" to post along with Samuel's.



The drummer Boys battle:


I liked this book because it was an exciting book!
The thing I didn’t like about it was it had a lot of violence.

Mrs. Nightingale: Mrs. Nightingale was very very nice.
Robby: is Mrs. Nightingales right hand man. I think it’s sad that he can’t read.
Peter: is a very good man. He always obeys.


By: Samuel





About Jesus – He died on the cross. He got a new body and now He can’t die anymore. Adam and Eve already died. This guy, Noah, didn’t die. He has a long beard. All of these animals lived in the ark. My favorite thing about the Bible is reading the Bible.

This princess grabbed a baby because she didn’t have a baby. This princess had King Pharoah. She grabbed this baby, named Moses. King Pharoah told his princess to grab Moses. All the babies were going to die by soldiers, and this girl, Moses' sister, keeped her baby alive because she didn’t want him to get killed. And that’s the end of the baby. Moses grew up to be a shepherd. He grew up without eating any food! God splashed a wave up so that someone couldn’t walk through the ocean. He was awesome! He was so awesome!



By: Elijah

No comments: