Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Other News

Beautiful Spring weather here. I'm looking forward to this wonderful phenomenon of Spring (I don't think I ever realized that Spring was actually a season before living here). Especially after days and days of being cooped up sick in the house. Bring on the sunshine.



Isaac has moved to a big boy bed. By default. We were sort of forced into it when Isaac broke part of his crib during a time-out (he pushed two of the slats out of the side). So far so good, we just need to decide whether to set up permanent sleeping quarters in his room or move him into Elijah's room.



I finally got a haircut. I've been waiting for it to be long enough to comfortably cut off 10 inches, which is the minimum for Locks of Love. And I finally got there! My only regret was that I didn't have more hair to give. My little ponytails looked pretty measly after they were snipped off! Adam is happy to have a short-haired wife again - he prefers me without all that hair!

What else...we're planning our first family camping trip next month. Well, it's not actually the first. We went with the Wilsons about 5 years ago (gosh, I can't believe it was that long ago!), and although I know we had a lot of fun, it was also wet and cold (and much more so for the poor Wilsons, who had a leaky tent!) and Adam and I just decided afterward that we weren't Camping People. But now we have more kids, and they're boys, and they want to go camping. So we're going to take the plunge and give it another try! Our boys are SOOO excited about exploring, getting dirty, making fires and burning things in the fire. Like marshmallows and hot dogs.

We also have the big ultrasound next week. That's always fun to anticipate. We also just began a new class at church. It sounds so exciting so far, and the last one we took was great, so we've got really high hopes for a great season of growth in this area.

I think that's it!

1 comment:

Cartmill Clan said...

I think we all need to see a picture of the new chic hair!