Last year I gave Adam what we refer to as "12 Days of Christmas" with great results (namely a very happy husband for the month of December). This year he wanted to reciprocate, I guess, so he's prepared 12 Days of Christmas for me, while at the same time I'm doing his 12 Days of Christmas. It's gotten a little confusing and chaotic, so we've decided that since it's so much fun to give and to receive, we're going to switch off days and each do 6 of the 12 days...anyway, yesterday after church I got to take a nap, and as soon as I got up Adam urged me to get away by myself for a couple of hours, which I was happy to do. When I got home I found this elaborate meal that he and the other 3 guys in his accountability group had all prepared for us, their wives (2 of whom I am in a Bible study with). They took care of the children, made a delicious meal, and served us like we were royalty. It was our 12 Days of Christmas gift for the night. What great husbands. So here we are, me, Carrie, Morgan and Carey, enjoying our wonderful evening.
Monday, December 17, 2007
A Dinner fit for Princesses
Last year I gave Adam what we refer to as "12 Days of Christmas" with great results (namely a very happy husband for the month of December). This year he wanted to reciprocate, I guess, so he's prepared 12 Days of Christmas for me, while at the same time I'm doing his 12 Days of Christmas. It's gotten a little confusing and chaotic, so we've decided that since it's so much fun to give and to receive, we're going to switch off days and each do 6 of the 12 days...anyway, yesterday after church I got to take a nap, and as soon as I got up Adam urged me to get away by myself for a couple of hours, which I was happy to do. When I got home I found this elaborate meal that he and the other 3 guys in his accountability group had all prepared for us, their wives (2 of whom I am in a Bible study with). They took care of the children, made a delicious meal, and served us like we were royalty. It was our 12 Days of Christmas gift for the night. What great husbands. So here we are, me, Carrie, Morgan and Carey, enjoying our wonderful evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please tell me that Adam left the cooking to the other guys in the group.
Post a Comment