Saturday, September 01, 2007

Labor Day Weekend!


Friday was a busy day...

Samuel's bus route has changed a bit, which means that he has to catch the bus even earlier than he did last year. His alarm is now set for 6:20 a.m.!
Back to our day...So Friday I decided that we would all "sleep in" until 7:00 and I would drive Samuel to school instead of him taking the bus. So there was the crazed flurry of trying to get myself and 3 kids up and dressed and fed and in the car in 30 minutes. After we dropped Samuel off the little boys and I went to Common Grounds and hung out for a bit to finish waking up. This is a picture of Lije and Isaac eating a breakfast taco. There I learned that my beloved coffee shop will close its doors next Saturday. I am so sad.
We got in the car and made the hour-and-a-half trek to a little dairy farm that supplies our milk. It's a fun little farm, and special because it's one of only 2 dairy farms in all of Texas that's certified "raw for retail," which means that it has regular health department inspections. They also have lots of chickens, pigs and horses. The boys absolutely loved spending a couple of hours there playing with the farmer's children, who were our gracious tour guides.
By the time I got home it was time to get Samuel from the bus stop. Adam came home early to take the younger boys to a birthday party, and Samuel and I got in the car to meet Jesse and Nicole halfway between here and Abilene. This is their much-anticipated weekend together. Of course I way underestimated the amount of time it would take me to drive there and back, and didn't get home until 12:30 a.m. In the process I had lots of time to think, and one of the things I thought about was that by the end of the day I drove 500 miles!
So today was a lazy day of hanging around the house and doing some light yardwork. This evening Adam and Elijah went to the UT / Arkansas game, and invited our neighbors, Dave and Sue, along with them. I'm anticipating more laziness tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Common Grounds is going away!? I'm so sad for you!! Will Round Rock be the same? Will Amber-Rose be the same??? Maybe you'll just have to move back to Oregon now;) LOVE YOU! In Him~ missi