Monday, July 16, 2007

Jesse and Nicole's Wedding


the beautiful bride

she almost changed her mind about which man to marry

elijah loved hamming it up at the reception

elijah with uncle charley


Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend. We had SUCH a great time. We only wish we could have stayed longer to get in more family time and to explore Vermont better. Vermont is such a beautiful place. It reminded us of home (Oregon) with its mountains and lush landscape. We did a little bit of sightseeing when we first arrived, which of course included the Ben and Jerry's factory, but after that our time was filled with wedding festivities. It was so good to be around everyone.


A side note on all the pictures of Elijah: He is convinced that he "got married" that night, because somehow he misunderstood the dj announcing the first dance for the bride and groom as meaning that if you dance with someone on the dancefloor (presumably of the opposite sex), it means you are marrying them. That, combined with the fact that he was wearing a tux, which he knew meant something special was happening. So in the elevator on our way back up to our room that night, another hotel guest told him he looked nice and casually asked him if he'd gotten married. He said, just as casually, "Yes. I did. I married my mom. I married Mommy and I look very handsome today." I'm assuming he understood the opposite sex thing because Adam and both took turns dancing with him, but he doesn't seem to think he and Daddy are married!

3 comments:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

It sounds like everything went really well. I bet Vermont is beautiful! Was is pretty hot? The bridesmaid dress looks liek a really good color for you and the boys looked so handsome in their tuxes!

Cartmill Clan said...

What fun pictures!! You look amazingly beautiful and your boys look very handsome. I can't believe how grown up they look!

John W. said...

Oh man! What beautiful pics! And what a ham you middle child is!! LOVE the top hat! You look amazing! Are you ready for wedding #2!? Love you! missi