Monday, July 30, 2007

All About Elijah

I haven't done an "all about...." post in awhile, and since this guy is about have a birthday tomorrow, I thought I'd write a little something about what's going on in Elijah's life lately.

Elijah loves riding his scooter or tricycle outside with Samuel, as well as playing with his books, stuffed animals and train set. He's learned a handful of letters and numbers and enjoys talking about them and tracing them. I think his favorite thing to do must be swimming. He's a little fish lately. He also LOVES music and is almost always singing or humming something. He often asks me, "Mom, do you know a song you could sing about that?" His favorite CDs right now are Dog Train and Jungle Jam.

If you were to ask him about himself, he may tell you that he's a daddy and that he's married. He goes back and forth on his age, but it's definitely not 3. He would tell you that he lives in RoundRockTexas (one word, just like that) on 1 Meadow Way and that his name is "E-L-I, J-A-H" and his last name is "Z-I-M-E-L," sometimes throwing in an "M as in Mary." Hmmm, I guess he's been listening to me on the phone?

Elijah almost always wakes up at 7:00 like clockwork. Sometimes it's earlier, but never really later. I don't mind that much, because he's usually good about being quiet. One morning last week I heard him scooting things around in the kitchen really early. I ignored it for awhile (I know, terrible!), but finally got up and found him sitting at the kitchen counter with the almond butter and honey. He had made himself breakfast, and had cleaned up after himself!

Another time last week he was being really fussy and whiney, and eventually I put him in time-out. When he had calmed himself down, he said:
"Mom, did you put me in time-out because I was whining?"
"Yes."
"Ooooohhhhh, you thought I was whining?"
"Yes, you were whining."
"Oooohhhhh! (laugh) You thought I was whining? I was just joking! (fake-hysterical laughing)"
Three years old and already trying to work the system.

More to come on the birthday festivities of tomorrow!

No comments: